SUBMISSION FORM – RECLAIM PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL
RECLAIMING OUR FUTURE
May – June 2018
Submissions are now being invited for Reclaim Photography Festival 2018
The Festival returns to the West Midlands from May to June 2018. The programme will include responses to our open call: Reclaiming Our Future. We will also be offering a special regional project, photography workshops, gallery exhibitions and professional opportunities for young people and emerging artists.
Our curators will select a range of images to form a unique gallery exhibition. We will contact these participants separately within eight weeks of the closing date for further details about submission and exhibition. Funds raised from the gallery exhibition will support the purchase of equipment and costs for our foster children and young person’s project.
Reclaiming Our Future
We live in an age of rapid acceleration. Advancements in technology, globalisation and climate change are significantly reshaping our communities, cultures, politics, workplaces and fundamental values.
The aim of this year’s festival is to capture the impact surrounding these accelerations, and the creative energy and problem-solving initiatives being applied to meet the challenges of our era.
You are encouraged to respond to this theme through the use of archive material, analogue, digital and mobile phone photography. We hope to attract images which will incorporate both traditional and contemporary approaches in the form of:
- landscape photography – coastal, rural or urban;
- still-life photography – objects or the natural world;
- documentary photography;
- photo journalism;
- and experimental imagery.
Please carefully read the rules and application form before submitting your application.
By completing this application form, you have confirmed that you have:
- noted all information for submission, one day events, gallery exhibitions and project evaluation (subject to change);
- read and understood the rules fully;
- entered all the photographs you want to enter in the Reclaim Photography Festival 2018: although you can enter up to 4 photographs in the festival, all photographs have to be entered as part of the same application;
- entered no more than 4 images 4500 x 3000 pixels 300 dpi/ppi or 4500 pixels longest edge, digital images with borders not accepted;
- photographs can be landscape, portrait or square format. Diptychs are counted as 2 images. Triptychs are counted as 3 images;
- label each image by name, age, image title, number and year taken: e.g. JohnDoe16BigPeg12018.jpeg. (Postal applications: attach a label no larger than 3”x 2” with your name, title, type of media, year and web or blog url on the reverse of each print);
- state if the image is part of a series or not and include the title of the series;
- postal applications: canvass 12 x 8 inches landscape format with a one cm white border – square and portrait format centre vertically in the middle of the landscape canvass – maximum weight: 300gsm).
- All entries must be received by 17:00 (UK time) Friday 23 February 2018 Postal entries to Reclaim Photography Festival, PO Box 17175 HALESOWEN B62 2LH. Postal prints cannot be returned unless a paid SAE is provided if unsold, and we accept no responsibility for loss or damage after display.
- All costs incurred by postal/ courier services (including customs charges and any import duties) must be paid for in advance by the photographer.
- Reclaim Photography West Midlands and Reclaim Photography Festival will refuse to take delivery of any work that may incur charges to them or their sponsors.
You will not be allowed to enter further photographs after you have completed your entry form, even if you have entered fewer than 4 photographs.
Postal applications only for photographers using historical or traditional processes ONLY: Downloadable Submission Pack RPF 2018
Downloadable release forms: Model and buildings release forms
To zip files, place each file on desk top, right click, send to, compressed (zipped folder).