If you would like to steward or volunteer at one of our events, we would like to hear from you. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our volunteer details and form.
If you would like to apply for a specific volunteer work experience role, please read the information below. Specific roles for 2020 coming soon.
Work Experience Programme
Reclaim Photography Festival 2019 is offering up to ten young people, aged 16-25, a unique opportunity to showcase their creative talents and to develop their professional artistic skills, through our inspiring volunteer work experience programme.
This free programme will offer hands on experience of successfully delivering the Reclaim Photography Festival 2019 and provide participants with the opportunity to work with our team, galleries and partners.
The RPF 2019 Programme will offer opportunities for:
* festival curators;
* press photographers;
* digital media co-coordinators;
* web and social media co-ordinators;
* family educational photography workshop assistants.
Selected participants will:
* commit to 10 days (all participants) between 25 February and 5 July 2019;
* be available (volunteer curators only) for 10 days between March and July 2019, for print and digital curation meetings;
* be available (all participants) for installation and dismantling of exhibitions;
* attend role specific project meetings with our team, galleries and partners;
* select a Volunteers Favourite winner for the gallery exhibition;
* work as a team to install, manage and dismantle exhibitions;
* help co-ordinate event and gallery launches;
* produce photographs or write texts for the RPF website;
* undertake audience evaluation and surveys.
* available for interview on Thursday 24 and Friday 25 January 2019;
* available for all days of the RPF19 install, event and dismantling periods;
* available to work independently outside of this schedule;
* based in Birmingham, Dudley and Wolverhampton areas.
Deadline: 5pm (UK time), Friday 11 January 2019
Interviews: Thursday 24 and Friday 25 January 2019
Send your application to: email@example.com
Subject: Volunteer Work Experience Programme Application
Attach: one pdf document.
Please include all of the details below in one pdf attachment.
1. The role you are applying for e.g. festival curator.
2. Personal details:
* Full name and title;
* Full postal address;
* Date of birth and age;
* Daytime contact number;
* Email address of parent or legal guardian if aged under 18 by the Festival end 5 July 2019.
3. A covering letter, maximum 250 words, stating why you are interested in this opportunity, what relevant skills and experience you have and how this opportunity will benefit your professional development.
You must also demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team, excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for both the conceptual and practical elements of the project and a willingness to learn.
Please also confirm your availability to participate fully in this unique professional development opportunity.
4. All participants: write an idea (maximum 250 words) to raise awareness and funds for charity. Describe how you will market and promote the events for a successful outcome.
5. Workshop Assistants only: write an idea for a series of family educational photography activities at one of our Festival venues, which will offer visitors of all ages to engage in both historical and contemporary techniques, in a welcoming and accessible environment. Describe how you will market and promote the events for a successful outcome.
6. Press Photographers only: please include a maximum of 9 images, which demonstrate your current photography skills. Images do not need to be press photography related, but must demonstrate your photography skills.